As we celebrate Move More Month, the American Heart Association is awarding nine schools with the first round of Kids Heart Challenge grants to support physical activity and emotional well-being programs for students and teachers.
Through Kids Heart Challenge, students learn healthy lifestyle habits and raise funds for children with “special hearts.” The AHA will award up to $400,000 in total grants annually to schools. Each school participating in Kids Heart Challenge may apply for awards ranging from $250 to $5,000. The first-round grant recipients are:
- Copeland Elementary School in Dobson, N.C.
- Crivitz Elementary and Middle School in Crivitz, Wis.
- Environmental Charter School in Pittsburgh, Pa.
- Jose De Escandon Elementary in Mission, Texas
- Kennedy Elementary School in Pierre, S.D.
- Lincoln Elementary School in Miles City, Mont.
- Sandpiper Shores Elementary in Boca Raton, Fla.
- Sauquoit Valley Middle School in Sauquoit, N.Y.
- Sorrento Primary in Sorrento, La.
Other interested schools may apply online through May 1.