Grant Opportunity: Call for Open RFA Applications
Voices for Healthy Kids is pleased to announce a call for Open RFA Applications—learn more here.
The American Heart Association and the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation are working to create a culture of health through Voices for Healthy Kids. Through this collaboration, and in working with a team of experts across the healthy eating and active living movement, the initiative aims to engage, organize, and mobilize people to help all children grow up at a healthy weight. Voices for Healthy Kids will advance coordinated state, local, and tribal public policy issue advocacy campaigns focused on healthy eating and active living, and will utilize the American Heart Association's proven advocacy capacity to drive meaningful and widespread policy change.
The goal of the grant opportunities within this initiative is to make effective strategic investments in ongoing state, local, and tribal public policy issue campaigns in order to increase public policy impact on healthy weight and living among children. Voices for Healthy Kids is focusing efforts in schools, community, and out-of-school time/early care and education. Applications should support at least one Voices for Healthy Kids Policy Lever.
Strategic Campaign Funds Open RFA opportunity aims to fund strategic issue advocacy campaigns focused on helping kids grow up at a healthy weight through state, local, and tribal public policy campaigns. The duration of these grants will vary but will generally be one year or less. Awards of up to $90,000 are available. Applications must be specific to an individual campaign focused on changing public policy in one state, local, or tribal geographic location and must align with one of the Voices for Healthy Kids policy priorities.
Application Details and Deadlines:
- For this round, funded applications must have a viable policy campaign for the 2017 legislative session.
- Funding requests up to $90,000.
- The deadline for application submission is Thursday, December 15, 2016.
- Applications will not be evaluated unless all requested information is submitted.
- All applications must be submitted via email to email@example.com.
- For questions or assistance, please view the Application Instructions, FAQ, or contact Shannon Melluzzo, Grants Manager at Shannon.Melluzzo@heart.org.
- Award notifications will be sent on Wednesday, February 1, 2017 for funding start dates of February 1, 2017 or March 1, 2017.