Indigenous Peoples’ Day is one week away! IllumiNative published For Our Future: An Advocate’s Guide to Supporting Indigenous Peoples’ Day, a toolkit that draws on the lessons and research from Native advocates who are on the frontlines fighting for change. As part of our commitment to achieve health equity for all, Voices for Healthy Kids provided funding to support IllumiNative in the development of this resource for communities.
The toolkit provides a full suite of resources pertaining to Indigenous Peoples’ Day including a brief historical overview of the day, case studies on recent adoptions by several cities, and provides available resources for all advocates of Indigenous communities from around the world to access and participate in the upcoming celebration. While this toolkit is not exhaustive, it can serve as a foundation to support advocates and allies in their work.
Celebrating Indigenous Peoples’ Day fights the invisibility that impacts Natives communities—it is an opportunity to recognize and celebrate Native peoples, their resiliency and their future, in the present. We are reaching out to our supporters and partners to help us disseminate the toolkit to your networks.
We are asking partners like you to help by:
- Viewing and/or downloading the full electronic version of the toolkit at https://illuminatives.org/beilluminative/ or visiting the IllumiNative social media channels on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram to share with your networks.
- Sharing the toolkit on social media! Attached we have provided social media graphics that can be used, or reshare via IllumiNative social media channels on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Sample posts are provided below:
- Facebook: #IndigenousPeoplesDay is almost here! Let’s inspire our next generation of #IndigenousPeoplesDay advocates. Download the NEW For Our Future: An Advocate’s Guide to #IndigenousPeoplesDay Toolkit at illuminatives.org/beilluminative/.
- Twitter: #AbolishColumbusDay Take a look @_IllumiNatives new resource For Our Future: An Advocate’s Guide to #IndigenousPeoplesDay Toolkit in partnership w/ @Voices4HK! Download at illuminatives.org/beilluminative/ #BeIllumiNative #IPD
- Instagram: #DYK IllumiNative has a new toolkit! For Our Future: An Advocate’s Guide to Indigenous Peoples’ Day Toolkit has everything you need to bring #IndigenousPeoplesDay to your community through activism. Complete with historical overviews, action plans, and sample materials you can download the full toolkit for FREE on the IllumiNative website. Link in bio.
Thank you for your support!