The American Planning Association has developed and released a new online planning and public health course.
By American Planning Association
Building Healthier Communities: Integrating Public Health into Planning is a free online learning program for planning and health professionals. This is an interactive course with audio.
This course will cover the following 5 sections:
- Assessing the Healthy Communities Landscape
- What we Measure Matters: Metrics, Data, Sources and Methodologies
- Building Coalitions and Engaging the Community
- Communications: Framing, Messaging, and Marketing
- Sustaining Momentum and Investing in Change
Designed to complement the American Planning Association’s Planners4Health curriculum, the course outlines key facts planners and public health professionals need to know about their respective fields and how they can connect their work.